- Conveying harmonised with calibration/grading/sorting.
- Can be applied with multiple decks and screens at different levels
- capacities depending on product handling characteristics
- Perform the tasks required for many screening applications
- Elimination of fine particles from the mainline food stream
- Our machinery can help you to achieve the product safety standards that the FSA and USDA require.
- Smart design ensures optimum screening
- Food grading may involve inspection, assessment.
- Authenticate sorting of various foods to quality, freshness, legal conformity and market value.
- Our complimentary QA Inspection systems can be utilised to remove spoiled food from the otherwise fresh product.
- Our designs ensure the product is handled gently and graded accurately.
- Grading sizing and separating are essential functions in many processing lines.
- Allows for precise control of your processes
- Prevents avalanche, over feed and starvation on your food production line
- Hygienic design
- Available in length, widths & screen configurations to suit customer requirements
- Single to quadruple screen decks
- Infinite selection of aperture selection to suit products
- Quick release interchangeable screens for ease of removal & hygiene cleaning
- Quiet in operation – electromagnetic low noise / energy requirement and long lifespan
- Sorting may be carried out using size, shape and quality
- Allows bolt on feed trays and small tray sizes for specific applications
- Can include screens to aid process of equipment
- Various control options available
- Reduced weight in comparison to other standard frequency vibratory conveyors
- Versatile with different screen size capabilities
- Specific designed custom-built screens to eliminate fines during production processes
- Quick release screens to allow hygiene requirements or changeover for a various range of products
- Our dosing vibros are electromagnetically driven based on natural frequency. This technique is the industry leader as the amplitude [conveying speed] can be enormously regulated from zero to maximum, starting and stopping the system is not an issue to Cox & Plant
- Options include the addition of a buffer hopper to ensure a smooth and constant dosing of the product
- Smart sensors can monitor the fill rate of the hopper and its current capacity
- For a greater capacity the length grader can be configured with extra layers and if required the products can be sorted in several gradations starting with extra large to extra small / fine particles
- Our shakers can be used for fresh and/or frozen goods
- Two alternative systems are available for product dosing
- Stop/start dosing is the level 1 basic
- The industry standard leans towards the continuous adjustment of the frequency and amplitude of the vibration
- The technique used will obviously depend on the type of product, and its physical handling characteristics
- Width: 300mm – 1600mm
- Length: 1500mm – 6000mm
- Electromagnetically Driven – Cox & Plant unique coils manufactured inhouse
- Capacity: depending on product and width
- Finish of contact surfaces: smooth/natural finish/bead blasted/rigidised/dimple plate or electro polished
- Material: RVS 304/316
- The Cox & Plant customer ethos means that grading, sizing and separating machine is tailored to a customer’s specific requirements. All machines are built to order and entirely manufactured in the Black Country in the heart of the industrial midlands, UK to suit your precise requirements
- Our conveyors exactly utilise gentle horizontal handling and conveying of delicate food products
- The traditional mechanical brute force shaker can cause unnecessary damage to the food stream and your bottom line profit margin. We specialise in gentle and precise product conveying, for us dosing is the magic word
- We design and build in all shapes and to feed the rest of the line of process and packing lines
- Custom designed to suit customer product requirements
- Stainless steel construction, fully welded to the highest standards and can be built in a range of different surfaces
- Low maintenance ensures low cost of ownership
- Industry standard proven control system
- Low energy use for improved environmental efficiency
- Robust construction to stand up to busy manufacturing environments
- Cost effective
- Our machinery is industry proven, reputation is everything, with the best materials, the highest hygienic standards, rules and regulations
- Rapid and frequent stop/start capabilities
- Allows your produce to arrive at the right time and in the exact quantity
Sorting by size is an essential function for many processing lines.
Sorting can be done by size, shape and quality, and the vibratory conveyor guarantees that the product meets the highest standards. There may be many reasons you need to grade your food produce including meeting your quality standards, maintaining product freshness, conforming to legal requirements, or achieving the market value.
The grader can be used for both fresh and frozen products, as well as a variety of other foods such as nuts, seeds, fruits, vegetables, dry pet food and more.
For greater capacity, the grader can be configured with up to 4 decks, and products can be sorted into multiple grades if required (product dependant) on the same conveyor at the same time.
The quick release screen construction is made from the best materials according to your needs, such as stainless steel and other high quality materials. An operator can rapidly change over the screens to change the aperture size. If the product is susceptible to blinding, then we would use a vibratory bar grader which will alleviate this issue.
Why choose us
As we manufacture all our graders in our West Midlands factory, we can meet the specific needs of each customer. We use advanced technology to improve the performance and longevity of our vibratory graders and we are determined to provide our customers with exceptional service and machinery to meet the growing demand for high-quality food processing and separation equipment.
If you are in the food industry, we pride ourselves on offering flexible, efficient and innovative solutions that meet your food processing and manufacturing needs. From high-quality processing plants to advanced processing systems – we are always there for you when you need us.